cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Creation - 400 Errors (Resolved)

Contact Creation - 400 Errors (Resolved)

We are aware of ongoing issues when trying to create contacts returning 400 Bad Request messaging.  This issue is actively being worked and should be resolved in the short term.  Once we have pushed out our fix for this, we will update the forums.  Our apologies again for any inconvenience this has caused.

UPDATED BELOW.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
12 REPLIES 12

We have done an update to our

We have done an update to our servers and the issue with creating and updating contacts through the REST API is resolved.  We again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Still not working

I don't know what you did, but I'm still getting Error 400 on perfectly good RFC 2822 email addresses, specifically those with a plus sign ("+") in them. Unless you've fixed the bug in this Drupal site, please email me directly with a reply: daniel+cc@danielnorton.com.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

I have tested the REST API

I have tested the REST API contacts collection by adding an email address with each of the non alphanumeric characters approved by RFC 2822 successfully. 

These are the characters I have tested: ! # $ % & ' * + - / = ? ^ _ ` { | } ~ .

Please let us know if you are still having trouble.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Occasional Participant

Still not working

Nope. Still not working.

Try these:

cc4@danielnorton.com

cc5+x@danielnorton.com

Occasional Participant

Found bug in example

I did find a bug in the example that might have caused this problem, but fixing it didn't fix the problem.

Occasional Participant

Found many bugs in example

Yeah, it's primarily the bugs in the PHP example.

I can fix it, but I can't afford to work for free right now.

Occasional Participant

Fixed it

Okay, I managed to fix the related bugs in your PHP example code and your PHP class library and everything I'm testing is working now.

Leo

Can you share the files so I can use it too?

I'm still getting the 401 error.

Still getting the The requested URL returned error: 400 error

Guys...can y'all look into this for me. This seems to be a common problem in the forums. It says resolved however u guys haven't put up any solutions explaination how to address this situation.