The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Contact Search By Email Web Response Clarification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Advisor

Contact Search By Email Web Response Clarification

Assumption: From the API Doc snipit, " ...the API will return either a 500 error (Server Error) code or will return an empty feed (i.e. a feed with no entries)...".

If I search for a non-existent emailAddress in my profile, mushymush@mycoinc.com, I receive "Ok". I'm currently checking the response for the missing "Contact" tag/table and not 500.

Question: Do I/should I, check for a 500 code rather than just for the "Contact" tag/table?

Followup: Are there any conditions for getting either response?

Followup: Is the 500 a StatusCode or a WebException/Server Error code?

FYI: This is an SSIS project, so I should handle/log as many possible errors so as to not hang the process, just log & march on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Contact Search By Email Web Response Clarification

Any of our API features could return a 500 error if something happens on our server that is an error we can't catch.  The 500 is the HTTPS status code for the response and the body will be "Internal Server Error".  You should probably check for this on any API request in general, but the expectation would be that you get this error very infrequently, if at all, and when you do it's likely that there is an error in the request.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Contact Search By Email Web Response Clarification

Any of our API features could return a 500 error if something happens on our server that is an error we can't catch.  The 500 is the HTTPS status code for the response and the body will be "Internal Server Error".  You should probably check for this on any API request in general, but the expectation would be that you get this error very infrequently, if at all, and when you do it's likely that there is an error in the request.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured