cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts sent in Bulk Activities JSON Import not added to List

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Contacts sent in Bulk Activities JSON Import not added to List

I'm Importing Contacts using the Bulk Activities v3 API using a JSON payload.  After the activity is completed, when I view all Contacts, I see the new contacts, but they have not been added to the specific email list that I included in the body.

The Bulk Activity does not report any errors.

Am I misunderstanding how that is supposed to work?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Contacts sent in Bulk Activities JSON Import not added to List

Hi @RandyB067,

When bulk importing with JSON you must include the list_ID array. If you do not include this you will receive a 400 error. If the list_ID is incorrect you will also receive a 400 error.

If your contacts are being added to the account without generating an error message and they are not part of a list I would double check to ensure the list is not being deleted after the import call is being made.

If you need more in depth assistance feel free to email us at webservices@constantcontact.com.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

Thanks Jimmy - I am sending the list_ID array and I am not receiving any errors.  I haven't written the delete calls yet, so they aren't being deleted.  I'll follow-up with the email address as suggested.  I appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction.  

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I ended up figuring this out.  When I was sending the list_ids array, I was sending the list_id with capital letters instead of lower-case. 

There appears to be an incongruity with the validation routine and the routine that adds contacts to the list.  The validation routine is case-insensitive and accepts the list_id as valid.  The process that adds the contacts to the list however, must be case-sensitive, and wasn't adding the contacts to the list; nor was it reporting any errors in the errors array in the bulk activity status. 

Hi @RandyB067,

Thanks for letting us know your end result. I'll make sure we take a look at the validation.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer