The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Create a campaign inconsistency between two different accounts using API

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Create a campaign inconsistency between two different accounts using API

I am testing campaign creation between two different constant contact accounts. I am using the API to do so.

One account accepts the campaign without problem, validates xhtml, establishes lists, etc...

The other account rejects the API request with the very verbose (sarcasm) 400-level error.

The only difference I see between the two accounts is this:

The account that is rejecting the new campaign has ~250 campaigns already existing in its account.

The account that accepts the new campaign has ~70.

Is there a limit to the number of campaigns you can have in your active list before being able to add another campaign via the API?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Create a campaign inconsistency between two different accounts using API

Hello,

I would like to help you solve the issue you are having with not being able to add a new campaign to an account.

There should not be any limit to the number of campaigns in the account, and it should not give you an error just for that reason.  Is it possible for you to either post the XML that you are using to this forum, or email it to the Web Services Support Team so that we can take a look at what is going on.

Also when emailing the web services team with that XML, it would also be helpful to include both accounts so that we can do some testing on our end.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured