cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We are experiencing an issue with our website. Customers may not be able to log in, or may be experiencing issues while working in their accounts. We are aware of this issue and are working hard on resolving it as quickly as we can.

Create campaign from template using API

All Star

Create campaign from template using API

Hi All,

I'm going through the documentation of creating a campaign using the POST API call. I want to create a campaign based on an existing template rather than creating the HTML code and add it in the "email_content" field. This way i don't have to change the code every time a change is made in the email content. I found this document stating that if you use "custom" template type there are no limitations. However, looking at the documentation for the POST call i can't find any reference to the template name in the structure. Am i missing something or is there a better way to do what i need?

TIA

1 REPLY
Highlighted

Re: Create campaign from template using API

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the API Support team here at Constant Contact.

The information at that link is correct. Campaigns created using the API use the CUSTOM template_type; this is used for custom HTML code emails. Campaigns created using the website UI can use any template_type. You can only use the API to create custom HTML code emails, and our visual editor templates can only be created on our website.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Sincerely,
David B.
API Support Engineer

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!