The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Creating Campaign using JAVA giving : Response status :HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Creating Campaign using JAVA giving : Response status :HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

hi,

I got just mail with this post, Can you please go ahead and give permission for the account shipcarsnow1 to schduling and send email campigns. 

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Re: Creating Campaign using JAVA giving : Response status :HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

I just sent you a private forum message. We need to collect some information before enabling scheduling in an account.

Thanks,

Richard Maxwell
Support Engineer, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Richard,

any updates on issuing permission to Schduling and Sending API along with documentation.

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I sent you some questions via e-mail and a private forum message. We need to have those questions answered before we can enable scheduling in your account.

You can check your private messages by clicking on the little envelope to the right of the word Help in the upper-right portion of your screen. It is under the yellow bar and above Subscriptions. So, in the upper-right you have your name, then My Settings, then Help, then the envelope.

Richard Maxwell
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Richard,

Correct me if my understanding is worng about email campaign, if am emailaddress is OptOut with CTCT, thoguh I add that emailaddress to my list and I use my list to send Email campaign , CTCT won't send mail to the OptedOut contact right ?

also let me know how we read the optout status of email address from CTCT's response ?

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Whenever a contact opts out, they are added to the Do Not Mail List. Our system won't let you add an opted out contact to another list, unless the OptInSource node is set to ACTION_BY_CONTACT in a PUT request. Further, our system will not let you mail to any contacts on the Do-Not-Mail List.

If you are performing a GET on the URL, you will reference the status node to see if they're opted out. Specifically, an opted out contact will have this XML in their entry: <Status>Do Not Mail</Status>.

Richard Maxwell
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am gettting 403 forbidden error

Receiving response: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

I am trying to create a contactList before creating a campaign, the link attribute of the contactList is showing as below

list : /ws/customers/null/lists

It was working fine earlier I was able to make schedule campaign as well.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

A 403 response can be returned if the the non-SSL version of the request uri is used (i.e., http://... should be https://..), or if the resources being accessed are for an account other than the one authorized through your authentication process.  

The link attribute you provided appears to be for the lists collection (the list of contact lists in the account), rather than a specific list, as well.  Is the list creation where you're getting the 403 response? 

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I am able to create a campaign. I am facing few issue in scheduling the campaign. here is the request format I used to schedule a campaign

Code removed by moderator.

Highlighted

We'd ask that you keep all requests about scheduling XML within emails to webservices@constantcontact.com, as this feature is not availalbe to all API users.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured