The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CusatomField15 getting updated with HomePhone when updating a contact

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

CusatomField15 getting updated with HomePhone when updating a contact

I am using the C# API wrapper to update a contact by calling Utility.UpdateContactFullForm(AuthenticationData authenticationData, Contact contact). The contact object that I am passing to this method has the HomePhone field populated and the CustomField15 field empty. After the contact is updated, the HomePhone field is OK but CustomField15 is populated with the data from the HomePhone field. I have stepped through the wrapper code and I think all looks OK there. Do you know what may be causing the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: CusatomField15 getting updated with HomePhone when updating a contact

Hello,

I tested the wrapper and I was able to update a contact with the phone number, and not custom field 15.  Is it possible for you to send you code to us here, so that we can take a look and see if we can find out why it is doing this?

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for the quick response. My code is in a Visual Studio 2010 solution with 4 projects. One of those projects is a WCF service that is basically a wrapper around your supplied C# API wrapper. One of the projects is my own web based test client to test the WCF service. The other two projects are ConstantContactBO and ConstantContactUtility from your C# API wrapper.

I will send you the classes (.cs files) from your C# API  wrapper that are used. I will also send some of my code from the WCF service that is calling the C# API wrapper.

Is there anything else that would help you?

Greg Fadness

Highlighted
Employee

Ok perfect!  I should be able to test it with those files and let you know where I see a problem!

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured