The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Custom Scheduled Emails Through API

Highlighted
Developer

Custom Scheduled Emails Through API

We currently have various lists of contacts in our constant contact account. We use the api to allow users to subscribe to our newsletters from our website. I currently have one person who manually puts together the newsletters each week to send out. I'd like to automate this process through the api, but I can't find any documentation on how to do it. I need to send multiple emails per week with dynamic content pulled from our database to different lists from custom html emails that I would build. I'd like to get away from having to use the constant contact dashboard to build emails. Is this possible? 

Thanks,

Bryan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom Scheduled Emails Through API

Hello Brian,

What you are looking to accomplish is absolutely possible with the use of our APIs. Depending on what language and framework you are using, we may even have an SDK available that could lighten the load on your development team.

The basic process when you want to send an email would be:

You can also read some more general information about working with Email Campaigns here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/email-campaigns/email-campaign-api-index.html

If you have any questions for me, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured