cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Custom Sign Up email

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Custom Sign Up email

We have a group of emails that we have been told aren't qualified enough to use with Constant Contact.  It is a list of around 70k or so.  We have been instructed to send out an email on our own to reconfirm these emails.  We are constructing this email currently.  My question is, is there a way to include in this email a link to automatically opt in the customer without requiring them to re-enter their email? 

For example, we would like to put a button in the email that, when clicked, signs the customer up to the specified list automatically.  The email is not coming from Constant Contact as that was not an option so we really just need a link that I can append the email address to when building the email that signs the customer up to our list. 

Thanks,

Kris  

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Custom Sign Up email

Hello,

You would need to make the button direct the customer to your website where it will then make an API post call adding them to the account.  However, you would need to be able to somehow determine what their email address is.  If you could make it a dynamic link that included their email address in the URL when they pushed the button on the email, then you would be able to automatically add them, otherwise you will need to send them to a page where they put their email address in a form them click another button.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Contributor

That is a great idea!  Now that you say that it seems so obvious!  Thanks for your help! 

Kris

Hello,

I'd like to do something like this as well. Do you have any sample code that I can use?

Thanks in advance =)

We offer code wrappers and some sample signup forms that you could use to implement this type of feature.  Creating the email with the dynamic link including the email address is something that you would need to refer to the email client or service you are using to send the email (I.E. Outlook Mailmerge if you were sending it via Outlook).  You can find the samples here: http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Documentation/Code-Samples/ba-p/25019

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact