We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Custom Template - Custom 6 field

SOLVED
Go to solution
StrategicA1

Custom Template - Custom 6 field

I set up a custom template that uses 4 different custom fields - custom field 1, 2, 5 & 6. Custom Field 6 has phone numbers. I did a test email for 5 contacts and all the fields came through fine. Then i imported 1700 contacts to a list, checked to make sure the data fields were there. All the variables that were used had values. The email got sent out to 1700 contacts, found out that the phone number (custom field 6) was blank. Not sure how did this happen. I went back to check the data and they were all populated for the contacts. 

The template i used for testing worked fine. I made a copy of the same template, used the list of 1700 contacts and sent that out. The value from the custom field 6 didn't populate in the emails that got sent out. Nothing was changed as far as the template is concerned. Do you know what could be the reason. 

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Benjamin,

I talked to Chris at CC. The problem was with viewing the email on the web. The url only has from custom field 1 to 5. Since phone number was stored under custom field 6, it didn't get displayed when viewed on the web. I guess i would have to store this number on a different field. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bsoder
Employee

Hi,

The best way for me to troubleshoot this would be for me to take a look at the account.  Can you send me a private message with your username and also the emails that you sent out where the custom fields did not populate correctly?

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

Hi Benjamin,

I talked to Chris at CC. The problem was with viewing the email on the web. The url only has from custom field 1 to 5. Since phone number was stored under custom field 6, it didn't get displayed when viewed on the web. I guess i would have to store this number on a different field. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page