Customize sign up form

WinnieC90
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi All,

We just joined Constant Contact, and we have a few questions about the sign up form. Can any one help?

Question 1:

We have an existing sign up form on our website (https://www.hkupress.hku.hk/cnt/signup.php) and how can we pass the data we collected in our form to Constant Contact?

Question 2:

In our form, we have divided the email preferences into 2 sections, but seems the simple set up form on Constant Contact do not support in splitting the sign up form, how can I customize Constant Contact sign up form to fit in ours?

Question 3:

We have added addition links to the email preferences in section 2 (i.e. series section), how to add additional links to each option in Constant Contact Email List?

Question 4:

Can we just pass data to corresponding Constant Contact Email List by email list ID (i.e. the old Constant Contact form)?

Please help!

Jetty

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @WinnieC90,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support. 

In order to integrate your current sign-up form with Constant Contact you will want to look in to using our API so when you collect data from your current form you can also send it to Constant Contact. 

Our API documentation is located here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/developer-guides/overview-of-api-endpoints.html

Specifically take a look at the sections for creating and updating contacts. The old sign-up form that used the list ID is no longer available, but you can do the same thing with our API using these contact sections.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
EA2362
Campaign Collaborator

This is ridiculous how Constant Contact requires the use of an API for this simplistic option of customizing a form. You guys used to allow customized embedded forms.

MatthewB2133
Campaign Collaborator

This is a trivial feature for something that all it's supposed to do is manage contacts and do email blasts.

Ridiculous that I'm having such difficulty creating this.

Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MatthewB2133,

This post is specifically referring to someone using our API to create their own sign-up form. If you are looking for a sign-up form that you do not need to write the code for yourself you can check out the link at the top of your Constant Contact account.

If you need assistance with using those sign-up forms I would highly recommend to call our support department at 866-289-2101.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
RukiyaJ
Rookie
0 Votes
This link doesn’t work
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello RukiyaJ,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Our Current API Documentation can be found here:

https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/index.html

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.