Customized Sign Up Form- Different autoresponders for different lists?

Participant

Customized Sign Up Form- Different autoresponders for different lists?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this....

We get a lot of sign ups on our website for requests for more information. I'd like to automate our response emails to these people, but do it in a segmented way. So if they require about Product A, they get generated emails about Product A but not Product B.

With the regular autoresponder, you can craft many emails, but from what I understand, there's no way of designating which emails get sent to which list.  They all go to your selected lists.

I was told that I'd have to get my developer to install an API for the Customized Sign Up form.  In researching, it doesn't tell me if segmenting will be possible with it either.   Does anyone have any experience segmenting their sign ups like this?  Even better, do you have a link to your website where you're using this method?

Thank you for your help..

Jill

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hello Jill,

You can definitely segment people who are signing up for different products to be put in different lists.  There are a few ways to do this depending on if you would like to create something customized on your end or not.

If you would like something that is already set up, the best choice would be to use our Constant Contact Sign Up Form Generator found here.  You could set this up for each product on seperate pages, and the customers would only be added to the list that you choose on each seperate installation of the sign up form.  Please keep in mind that this uses PHP which needs to be installed on the web server that you are hosting the site on.

The second way to do this would be to create an integration using our API's.  You would need some experience with a server side scripting language to do this.  The documentation to get started is located here, and if you have any questions you can ask them on this forum.

Please keep in mind though that our autoresponder is limited to only having one set of emails going out at a time.  This means that you would not be able to have both sets of sign up boxes using different sets of autoresponders.  You could still send the emails out manually to each seperate list, or on a timed schedule to the list using our API's to schedule the emails.

If you run into any issues or have any questions regarding this please let me know.

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

Ok. So they have the option to opt into certain lists, but as I suspected, autoresponder cannot send specific emails to certain lists... all of the lists I'm having people opt into will receive the same autoresponder emails.  Is that right?

That is correct.  As of now, we only offer a single AutoResponder series.  While you can customize which lists receive that AutoResponder series, there is always only a single track.

An alternative that you could leverage with the API is to send the email from your mail server as a "welcome" type email.  That way you'll know exactly what lists they sign up for and can ensure that you send the correct email to them.  You could even leverage our Campaign and Scheduling API features (please PM me for more information on those) to create an advanced flow using our custom HTML email flow.  This flow would require additional development and would be more overhead, but you would be able to take advantage of our deliverability and tracking features using this.

We can also put you in touch with a developer if you'd prefer to outsource this to someone to create it for you.  If this is a more attractive option, you should look at our list of 3rd party developers who have expertise in the Constant Contact API features here: http://marketplace.constantcontact.com/Search?cat=1&type=solution&solution=Software+Development

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page