Deleted existing lists and need to recover data

Highlighted

Deleted existing lists and need to recover data

Using the API I accidently deleted some lists.  I was able to recover the data but missing the list the email belonged to.  How can I recover the list the contact info belonged to?  On active users you can see the list, but I can't get to the list data for removed contacts.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

I am sorry to hear that you

I am sorry to hear that you accidentally deleted some lists. Unfortunately we do not keep historical data of what lists contacts had been subscribed to. Active users will show what lists they belong to in the Contact Details however once you remove a contact, or unsubscribe a contact, all prior information regarding lists is purged.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Highlighted
Valued Developer

Re: I am sorry to hear that you

Dan,

Does this "historical data" issue apply to the new Contacts Platform too in 2014?

(Active users will show what lists they belong to in the Contact Details however once you remove a contact, or unsubscribe a contact, all prior information regarding lists is purged.)

~Clint
@cazoomi
Highlighted

Hey Clint,

This is still true on our new Contacts Management System.  Unsubscribing a Contact will clear all list memberships permanently.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Valued Developer

Thanks Dave and our team lead figured out the workaround to regain the contacts (resubscribe) and lists (recreate) using the method proposed by your team:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to recreate other lists in Constant Contact quickly?

You can tackle list recreation, since the lists were not driven by SyncApps is to grab the most recent record of who was on your lists from a previously sent email campaign in Constant Contact.

Here's how:

Go to Emails > Reports.

Find the most recent email that you sent to the list which was removed.

Click on the hyper-linked number in the "Sent" column.

Note: If the email was sent more than 180 days ago, you might not see a hyper-linked number. That means the list
information is no longer available for you to access.

Click the check box in the upper-left corner of your results to select everyone in that list.

Click Add to Email Lists.

Select the existing list you'd like to re-add these contacts to, or create a new list.

Click Apply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Works great for our subscribers:)

~Clint
@cazoomi
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

posted in wrong place

dfsf

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.