The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Different Contact Lists

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Different Contact Lists

I have the API contact form. Have got people signed up for general list. I have another promotion and will have another list. Yet it will not accept anyone if they are already added to the general list. How can I make it that if they are already a subscriber they will just be added to the list? Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Different Contact Lists

Hello,

Based on what you have described, it sounds like you are using our CCSFG form to add contacts to your lists through the API. When creating the CCSFG we intentionally limited it to only adding new contacts so that it would prevent updates to an existing subscriber's information with only the knowledge of their email address.

If you are using the CCSFG to generate your form, you can find additional information and instructions on how to get a CCSSFG version that allows updating contacts here: https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/CCFSG-Updating-Existing-Con...

If you are using something other than the CCSFG, I will likely be able to provide additional information if you can provide some additional details about how the form was created/set up.

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Different Contact Lists

Hi Michael,

I have replied in the thread which you opened. You can visit this link to see my response:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/Canada-Anti-Spam-Legislatio...

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured