The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Displaying Contacts Fields on Private Web Page

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Displaying Contacts Fields on Private Web Page

I'd like to display a really simple list of our members and their contact information on our private web pages for our members that don't have access to our CC account.  I'd like to simply be able to update the info within our CC account, then have some code on one of our private web pages to get/fetch the list of fields in CC.  I'm not a developer but have done some web design in FrontPage in the past.  I should be able to modify the code if I could get the right leg forward.

I've visited the developer site  here...   http://cc.lithium.com/t5/Documentation/Contact-List-Members-Collection/ba-p/25093

I tried to input the URL to get the code, but our the account info and password does not work, maybe as it is a trial account.  I am trying to find an internet solution for our group so that the administration can be done in one easy place that sends our bulk emails, yet allows us to display the members contact info easily, without lots of ftp upload, saving to PDF, etc. 

We can then export the list of active members to accounting and easily do billing annually.

Please advise on how I can set this up.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Displaying Contacts Fields on Private Web Page

The problem is likely due to the fact that you are not using the correct format for Username when leveraging the API.  To use the Constant Contact API, your username should be in this format:

{api_key}%{uersname}

This is to make sure you are using a valid API key and to identify what API key (and thus integration) is accessing your data.  For more information on this, you should read over our overview on Basic Authentication here: http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Documentation/Basic-Authentication-Over-HTTPs/ba-p/25075

Please note, our API features require more than just HTML to pull and display the data.  If you are not comfortable with using a server side language, like PHP, .NET or Java, you may be better off paying for a developer to do the work for you.  We have many developers who are well versed in the Constant Contact API platform.  Feel free to reach out to them and see if they can do the work for you within your budget.  You can find them here: http://marketplace.constantcontact.com/Search?cat=1&type=solution&solution=Software+Development

Hope this helps!

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured