The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Do you find the API to be reliable?

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Do you find the API to be reliable?

I have implemented a solution and now that we are in the testing phases I am getting all kinds of inconsistent errors including

The operation timed out

The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.

I just want to make sure it is worth making the switch to constant contact before I do. I don't want to get this project into production and be having random errors every day.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi Jennifer,   We are

Hi Jennifer,

We are experiencing an atypical issue which is causing some time outs of our API this afternoon.  Our operations team is working on this no and we hope to have it resolved shortly.  Our typical API availability is >98% and we very rarely have these types of issues.  Will continue to update as we have more information.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Still having lots of issues

The code I have which used to work now works intermittantly. I have tried contacting support and not really gotten an answer.

Highlighted
Employee

Re Still having lots of issues

Unfortunately we do not offer weekend API support, so I apologize that we were not able to get back with you sooner. We have received both tickets that were opened up this weekend, and will do our best to respond as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I understand about the weekend support

This issue was first raised on Thursday, at 8:31am

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured