The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Drupal Integration (REST API)

Highlighted

Drupal Integration (REST API)

We're currently running a Drupal 6.9 content site and wish to integrate the CC signup process into that site. We have the necessary API key and are currently using the REST API to sign up people on our main site. There is a Constant Contact module, but it is for the wrong Drupal version and I'm not familiar with Drupal module programming to help update it. If anyone knows both Drupal as well as Constant Contact I'd love to hear feedback.

We're currently trying a combination of a Webform content page with Additional Processing set to be the REST API code we use on the main site.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Drupal

I am the author of the Drupal Constant Contact module.

I am currently working on integrating the REST API with Drupal 6. I'd love all the help I can get.
Highlighted

CC integration with drupal 6.x

Is there any update on constant contact module 6 for drupal 6.x series ??
Highlighted

Status

Curious as to how the development of a drupal 6 module is going — any updates?

Highlighted
Frequent Participant

Here you go

Check this out, works with the new REST API and Drupal version 6: http://cc.justphpsoftware.com/drupal.php

James Benson, PHP Developer.

Constant Contact Services: http://integrationservic.es/

Highlighted

Additional Features?

My company has been using Constant Contact for a few years now and we've recently begun to send bulk emails to subscribers. The content we send is also available on our website.

We are currently moving our website from DNN to Drupal and I was wondering if there is a possibility to allow node authors to send an email to the campaign list of their choice when they create content? It would streamline our process so much more to not have to do both.

It would work something like this:

1) Node author creates content.

2) Node author selects to update one or more campaigns from Constant Contact.

3) Upon node creation, the content that the author just entered is wrapped up in the atom xml that Constant Contact requires and is then sent to the people on the campaign list.

Is this functionality on the radar? I have installed your current module and it's worked well for us, but I would love this functionality. The ability to team up Drupal and Constant Contact.

Thanks,

Melissa

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Drupal Integration

Hello Melissa,

It is possible to pass content that you create from drupal through our API's and create an email campaign. The functionality to actually send that campaign has not yet been released to the public, and that would still require you to log into our user interface and schedule the actual email.

You can learn how to create the XML that you will need to pass to our Campaign Collection API here. You can also add contacts by using our Contact Collection API.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured