cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email links to different lists

Visitor

Email links to different lists

I am having a hard time believing that CC doesn't have a way of tracking where are actual sign-ups are coming from. We are doing a product launch with intent for people to subscribe to our content, using different forms of communications. Since they are all happening at the same time, we wanted to be able to see what campaigns are working. We are utilizing the text option CC provides but the only way to track is to have these go into a different list, then copy them into our default list. Same thing with Facebook application. You would think if they give us these options, then you would be able to see stats on how many people signed up using them. But I guess the workaround is for them to go into the new list.

So now, we have other campaigns, direct mail, email, etc. That we would want to track the same way. By giving them a unique url to sign up and have them go to a seperate list, not the default. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Andrea

2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: Email links to different lists

Hey Andrew,

We do not track where the sign ups are coming from.  What I would do is user a custom field to associate where people came from.  So when you program make custom field 1 the referrer of the join my mailing list form so when you decide you can export your contacts as a CSV and select your custom field 1 and you will have where they came from.  Then you would manipulate your data accordingly. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

Re: Email links to different lists

It's worth mentioning that tracking source for signups is something we are working on adding to our Contact management and it will be available through the API once this is added.  We are not able to discuss when this feature will be available, but it is something that we're currently working on.  When more information is available, we'll make sure to update developers and customers alike.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact