Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 400: Received Bad HttpResponse: 409 Conflict ActiveRecord

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Error 400: Received Bad HttpResponse: 409 Conflict ActiveRecord

We use V1 of your API and it worked in the past several years.  However since 10/5/2017, all of our requests have been failed.  Here is a sample response from your server.

Error 400: Received Bad HttpResponse: 409 Conflict ActiveRecord::JDBCError: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry '1109789914184-;G\xC2\x80\xF2\x9E\x11\xE3\xAA\x87\xD4\xAER\x84:\x' for key 'PRIMARY': INSERT INTO `contact_fields` (`value`, `custom_field_id`, `account_id`, `contact_id`) VALUES ('MExpress', x'74f141a0f28f11e3ada4d4ae52843aae', 1109789914184, x'3b47c280f29e11e3aa87d4ae52843aae')

Can you please help?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Error 400: Received Bad HttpResponse: 409 Conflict ActiveRecord

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the API Support team here at Constant Contact.

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating to determine the root cause. This seems to only be affecting creating new contacts while using custom fields.

A workaround that you may have some success with is creating the contact without custom fields first, and then using a PUT to update the contact with the custom field information.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

We have identified the root cause of these 400 errors and hope to release a fix for this early next week. I will post a reply here as soon as I get word that the fix is live.

Regards,
David B.

Occasional Participant

Re: "A workaround that you may have some success with is creating the contact without custom fields first, and then using a PUT to update the contact with the custom field information."

FWIW, We've tried this workaround and receive a similar error when attempting a PUT to add the CustomField(x) values after first adding the contact without them.  Hopefully the fix will resolve this as well.

Thanks!

Ray

Hello,

We have tested, implemented, and tested again the fix for adding contacts with the v1 API that include custom fields. Please try this out and let us know if you see anything that is not working correctly.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Occasional Participant

I've retested the failing scenarios and the issue appears resolved.

Thanks!

Ray