cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

Occasional Participant

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

Hello, we are getting an Error 500 - Internal server error with our REST API integration when we try to retrieve (GET) an existing contact by searching for their email address starting around 7am EDT today. We have been integrated and running smoothly for several years now. Was there a change installed that may be affecting me?

Thank you,

David

8 REPLIES 8
CTCT Employee

500 Error

We've not made any changes this morning that would prevent you from accessing any resources via the API. If you could you please provide us with the URI that you are receiving this 500 error on, I would be happy to look into this.

David J

Occasional Participant

An example of the uri is:

An example of the uri is: https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/nodnoc/contacts?email=davidbrubacher%40tee-on.com. This will work sometimes but not others. When I try this uri in the browser it works but not consistently from our app.  We have been using the same integration for several years. I looked more closely at the logs and found that the first instance of the error was at 6pm yesterday.

Another question, did you make any certificate changes?

Thank you,

David

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

API intermitent

We have been experiencing some intermittent issues today with some of our API servers. Our engineers are aware and working to resolve this, and I will respond to this post when the issue has been resolved.

David J

Wanted to update anyone

Wanted to update anyone monitoring this issue.  Our Operations team has done some work and has resolved the intermitent issues.  At this point, all API functionality is back to normal.  If you start seeing any 400 or 500 errors, chances are it's an issue with code or XML and should be posted here again.  Thanks everyone for working with us on this.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Error 500 Code

Hello - we are also getting 500 Server Error Codes when people are trying to update their profile. We've used this for about 5 months now and we started having intermittent issues in the last 2 weeks.

this is the specifc error message someone received (with the exception of taking out or exchanging person's email and personal info) - can you help??:

Update Contact Operation failed: Server ErrorPUT /ws/customers/sonnysbbq/contacts/520 HTTP/1.1 Host: api.constantcontact.com Content-Type: application/atom+xml User-Agent: justphp 2.0 Content-Length: 1073 Authorization: Basic ZmI5M2Q3ZmEtZTRkNC00ODdlLTk3ZDAtOWE1YmZkN2JhMzEwJXNvbm55c2JicTpzMG5ueXNiODg= Connection: Close http://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/sonnysbbq/contacts/520 2008-04-25T19:29:06.096Z email-name@cfl.rr.com ACTION_BY_CONTACT 2009-11-19T14:48:41.761Z FirstFirst LastName Kissimmee FL 34744 407-111-1111 01/31/1944 HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Connection: close Content-Length: 23 Content-Type: text/plain Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 13:00:35 GMT Cache-Control: private, no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate, no-cache="Set-Cookie" Pragma: no-cache Server: Apache Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent X-Powered-By: Set-Cookie: BIGipServerProdAPI=189142026.6695.0000; path=/ Error 500: Server Error

Error 500: Server Error
CTCT Employee

Re: Error 500 Code

I apologize for not seeing this post earlier. Typically a 500 error is typically related to a problem with the structure or content of the XML that you provided, but it can also indicate an issue with our API's. If you are still receiving this error, can you please show us the data that you are attempting to update contact 520 with and I'd be happy to take a closer look. Thanks.

David J

Occasional Contributor

Re: Error 500 - Internal Server Error

We were getting Error 500 for the last two days whenver we tried to get individual Campaign event statistics using:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{UserName}/campaigns/{CampaignID}

I must have tried it at least 30 times yesterday (06/15/2015) with UserName being results_software and campaign ID being 1121367301693

Why was it not working for two days, and why is it working now?

Last night I was playing with the code and did a call with /events/ at the end, and that worked.  It seems like (I have no proof) after that the above call started working.

The boss wants to know what is going on!

Thanks,

David A

CTCT Employee

Re: Error 500 - Internal Server Error

I'm sorry for the confusion this caused. We are aware of the 500 errors being returned for many campaign endpoints last week. We resolved the issue on 6/15, this Monday, so you may have seen the issue up to and including that date.

For reference, here is the page acknowledging the issue. Sorry again for the disruption in service. http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/api-issues-and-status/closed-issues.html --Issue WS6393.