The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Error on Adding Bulk Contacts

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error on Adding Bulk Contacts

Hi, I am trying to export 4700 customers to my Constant Contact account using the addBulkContacts() method but I get an Error 500 from Constant Contact Server:

errorKey: http.status.internal_server_error
errorMessage: We are currently experiencing an issue with our service, please try again in a few minutes or contact Customer Support at webservices@constantcontact.com.

I've been trying for 3 days now but still gets the same error message. What could be the problem? I tried adding the contacts in pieces of 500 (or less) records each using the same method and I got all of them through, which makes me think it couldn't possibly be an error on the payload.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Error on Adding Bulk Contacts

Hello,

When you are uploading bulk contacts, are they being sent as JSON data or as a multipart file upload? If it is a multipart upload, then this error likely indicates something unexpected was wrong with the payload. Given the size of the payloads that are used for bulk imports, the best way to troubleshoot this would be to send us an email with your payload and request details at webservices@constantcontact.com. This would allow us to troubleshoot the problem directly and ideally be able to provide you with some additional info.

If you have any questions or difficulties, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error on Adding Bulk Contacts

Thanks, Elijah!

Already forwarded my query to webservices@constantcontact.com. Attached the payload as well on my email. 

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured