cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while accessing the Organization Information using API

Occasional Contributor

Error while accessing the Organization Information using API

Hi,

I am getting error while accessing the Organization Information using API (for some account not for all account).

Error Message is:

Element CAMPAIGNSXML.FEED.ENTRY is undefined in LOCAL

Error occured in CampaignsCollection.cfc at line number 70.

I have attaced the file what i am using the code.

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Error while accessing the Organization Information using API

Hello,

After reviewing the code that you have attached, it appears that the issue is that the getCampaigns function makes an API call that is failing. Since it is happening with some accounts and not others, I suspect that it may be related to the specific accounts. What I would suggest is to add some debugging code to allow you to view the value of local.campaignsXml within the getCampaigns function. If there is an error coming back from the API, reading the error message that comes back in the XML response should provide additional insight into the cause of the issue.

If you can get access to the XML response from our API and provide that, I should be able to provide additional information on what can be done to address this issue. In addition, if you do have any questions, please feel free to reply here and we will be happy to assist with them!

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Here is the XML file i have attached. Please let me know what to do. I have remove the username and replace with "CC_UserName" in XML file.
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I want to start by apologizing for the long delay in my response! I did take a moment to double-check your reply and it appears that the attachment may not have properly uploaded. Is it possible for you to re-upload the XML file that contains the response from our API?

Thanks,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Please find attached file for Working and Not Working XML file

Honored Contributor

Thank you for providing this information. After reviewing the XML that was returned, it appears that the cause of the error in your code is that the API is not returning any campaigns. In order to determine if this is in error or a correct response from the API, we will need you to send us an email at webservices@constantcontact.com with as much as possible of the following information:

• Username of account that is working
  • Username of account that is not working (If different)
  • Request URL and paramters for the working and non-working API calls to get camp

If you are able to do this, I can look into the reason why this specific API call is not returning any email campaigns and causing this error.

Thanks,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer