cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Errors not present in Individual Activity Status Endpoint API v2

Occasional Advisor

Errors not present in Individual Activity Status Endpoint API v2

Hi,

I'm using API v2 with C#.  I'm doing the multipart Contact Import in batches of 2000 at a time. I check the status using the Individual Activity Status Endpoint which is ConstantContact.GetActivity() in C#.  If there are errors, I see the error count > 0 but the Errors are empty in the JSON.  Is this a bug on your side or is this not implemented yet?

Like here's a sample JSON response to the GetActivity() call :

{"id":"db1edfb0-d7df-11e4-b12a-d4ae528eade9","type":"ADD_CONTACTS","status":"COMPLETE","errors":[],"file_name":"20150331163602_no_discipline_contacts_2.csv","start_date":"2015-03-31T19:57:00.000Z","finish_date":"2015-03-31T19:57:14.000Z","created_date":"2015-03-31T19:55:18.000Z","error_count":4,"contact_count":1999}"

It shows up in the docs here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/bulk_activities_api/bulk-activities-status-detail-report-a...

Thx.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Errors not present in Individual Activity Status Endpoint API v2

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about this inconsistency! Due to some changes in how we handle errors with our new contact management platform, we currently display details and resolve errors only in the UI application for contact management. For the forseeable future, the API will return a count of errors, but the details will need to be reviewed and resolved in the UI. For information on viewing and resolving these errors, you can review this knowledgebase article: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5708-about-the-activity-page

If you have any questions or if we can clarify anything, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Advisor

Re: Errors not present in Individual Activity Status Endpoint API v2

Thanks but you should probably change your API documents to address this fact because that's not what they say currently.

Unfortunately for me, we're dealing with thousands of contacts and hundreds of lists.  It's not feasible to check this in the UI, I really just want the API to spit back the errors with the email address that is a problem so we can fix it in our system for the next time we export.  CC isn't the default place we store our contacts and this behavior kind of assumes that it is.