cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

SOLVED
Advisor

Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

I have been successfully retrieving a list of events for the account 0017score for several weeks. Recently (not sure when) I have started to get an HTTP 500 error calling the API. I successfully retrieve pages 1,2 and 3, then fail with the call to:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/0017score/events?pageNumber=4

Since it is a 500 error I don't get anything else to work with. I know that there are 4 pages, since the previous API call to the event list gave me the URL above, and also looking at the regular Constant Contact admin console I see there are 4 pages of events listed.

I wish I could give you more information than that, unfortunately the API is failing in a way that I can't give you anything else.

Please let me know how I can help, and give me a timeline when this will be resolved.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

Hi PhilA,

I believe the errors you are experiencing are from a defect in our system that we are correcting.  I noticed in yoru account that you have a deleted event.  The current work around for this error is to restore these events from their deleted status.  I know this may not be ideal and our engineers are currently working on resolving this issue.

Thank you,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

Re: Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

Ryan,

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if there is a timeframe for resolving the issue? Before I recommend to my client that they undelete events as a workaround, I'd like to see how long they should wait for a resolution.

Thanks,
Phil 

CTCT Employee

Hi Phil,

At this time we do not have a time frame but our engineers are diligently working to get this issue resolved.

Thank You,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Advisor

I can confirm that un-deleting the deleted item appears to work as a work around.

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
Highlighted
Advisor

Ryan, I don't want to seem like I'm pushing this point, I'm just new to the way CTCT works. The workaround we have is not something I can control long term, since my client has volunteers setup events, and I can't stop them doing something that would upset the system, beyond monitoring it myself manually.

My question is: will there be a notification somewhere (blog, this forum, etc) when this issue gets fixed? Where should I look or can I be notified somehow?

Thanks, Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
CTCT Employee

Hello,

As of this morning our engineers have created a fix that should resolve this issue.  I have tested this on my end and I am not able to pull events with a deleted event in my account.

If you continue to have this issue, or have any other questions, please let me know.  Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact