Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

SOLVED
Highlighted
Advisor

Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

I have been successfully retrieving a list of events for the account 0017score for several weeks. Recently (not sure when) I have started to get an HTTP 500 error calling the API. I successfully retrieve pages 1,2 and 3, then fail with the call to:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/0017score/events?pageNumber=4

Since it is a 500 error I don't get anything else to work with. I know that there are 4 pages, since the previous API call to the event list gave me the URL above, and also looking at the regular Constant Contact admin console I see there are 4 pages of events listed.

I wish I could give you more information than that, unfortunately the API is failing in a way that I can't give you anything else.

Please let me know how I can help, and give me a timeline when this will be resolved.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

Hi PhilA,

I believe the errors you are experiencing are from a defect in our system that we are correcting.  I noticed in yoru account that you have a deleted event.  The current work around for this error is to restore these events from their deleted status.  I know this may not be ideal and our engineers are currently working on resolving this issue.

Thank you,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Event List - getting Internal Server Error 500 retrieving page 4 of a list of events

Hi PhilA,

I believe the errors you are experiencing are from a defect in our system that we are correcting.  I noticed in yoru account that you have a deleted event.  The current work around for this error is to restore these events from their deleted status.  I know this may not be ideal and our engineers are currently working on resolving this issue.

Thank you,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ryan,

Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if there is a timeframe for resolving the issue? Before I recommend to my client that they undelete events as a workaround, I'd like to see how long they should wait for a resolution.

Thanks,
Phil 

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi Phil,

At this time we do not have a time frame but our engineers are diligently working to get this issue resolved.

Thank You,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Advisor

I can confirm that un-deleting the deleted item appears to work as a work around.

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
Highlighted
Advisor

Ryan, I don't want to seem like I'm pushing this point, I'm just new to the way CTCT works. The workaround we have is not something I can control long term, since my client has volunteers setup events, and I can't stop them doing something that would upset the system, beyond monitoring it myself manually.

My question is: will there be a notification somewhere (blog, this forum, etc) when this issue gets fixed? Where should I look or can I be notified somehow?

Thanks, Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello,

As of this morning our engineers have created a fix that should resolve this issue.  I have tested this on my end and I am not able to pull events with a deleted event in my account.

If you continue to have this issue, or have any other questions, please let me know.  Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured