The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Event Type missing in Events API

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Event Type missing in Events API

Hello,

I am having a problem with the Events API. It seems that EventType is never set in the response to Get Events List and Get Event Details calls. Have you encounter this problem and is there any workaround to it?

Tisho

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Event Type missing in Events API

Hi Tisho,

Thank you for pointing this out. I am also able to replicate having no value for the <EventType> node.  I am going to do some research on this issue and I will reply to this thread as soon as I have any further information. Thanks again.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi David, Thanks for the

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward for the fix or workaround as this is a major problem for my client.

Sorry for stuffing the thread but I have found one more issue with Events API which is causing me problems. Description seems not populated as well neither in List Events call, nor in Event Details call response. Have you encountered this problem? Is there any way I can go around it?

Highlighted
Employee

Description node

Hello,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have sent this over to our engineers as well to look into.

However, the description node is not tied to anything in the UI, so you should be able to disregard it for now. Is there a specific part of the event that you thought the Description node should be pulling? If so, let me know and there should be a different node that is being used for it.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Description

Hi Ben,

Thanks for clarifying this. What we are looking for is the Event Body block information from the Event Homepage. We thought this would show up in the Description node as we are using it to describe our events.

Any idea how (and if) we can grab it from the Events API?

Tisho

Highlighted
Employee

web page node

Hello Tisho,

We do give the URL for the Webpage in the WebPage node, but we do not currently have the HTML body of the web site in a node.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured