cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event registrant information inconsistency

Advisor

Event registrant information inconsistency

I'm working with a client on synchronizing CTCT event registrants with a third-party database, then based on opt-ins, creating email campaigns through the API to communicate with these registrants.

I'm using the standard Events API to get the registrant information, and if the registrant has not previously opted in to an email contact list I'm adding them to this through the PHP CCSFG form (since the API doesn't seem to allow a completely new email contact to be added).

So, all that said, things seem to be working usually. The client has told me that over about the last week, the details they are seeing in the Event Registrant Details when looking at a registrants list after an event seems inconsistent with changes made to the registrant details before the event.

I am concerned that maybe something has changed in the last week that is causing this. Perhaps:

1) you have moved to a more centralized list of event registrants

2) email contact lists and event registrant lists are being handled differently internally

3) by adding registrants to email contact lists we are doing something unexpected

4) the registrant details shown in the Events UI, the exported reports data, and the data registrant APIs are suddenly reporting different data even when called at about the same time.

I'm sorry this is a vague in terms of actually investigating the problem. I'm just looking to see if there has been an internal change to CTCT event registrant and email contact lists (in the last 7-10 days) that could be causing me issues, since this could help us start looking in the right place for the issue.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected
2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Contributor

Re: Event registrant information inconsistency

Hello Phil,

There is some intermingling of event registration details so that when an existing contact registers for an event, if they provide any contact details in their registration, those will be updated in their contact details as well.  I suspect this updating functionality is probably what is causing whatever inconsistencies are observed, and perhaps they were not previously noticed.  If the inconsistencies cannot be explained by this behavior, please let me know. In that event, also send me an email and we can try to work on some additional information gathering/testing to see if there is an issue with our events API.

Cheers,

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Event registrant information inconsistency

Thanks Mark. The next event is being run tomorrow and we are hopefully going to collect multiple sets of information to support our observations. I'll get back to you as I find out more.

Since it sounds like nothing related has changed on your end (and nothing changed here), we'll keep digging.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected