Export Contacts to a File api not returning all fields

user959297
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi Team,

I had added multiple fields in request body but if the field value is blank its not coming  in exported data is there any way to get the fields also in exported data.

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello user959297,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

When exporting contact data to a file either via the API or the UI, the fields specified will only appear in the file if at least one of the contacts returned has a value set for this field.

As an example, if you specify the field “company_name” in your request body, but none of the contacts returned have a value set for “company_name”, that field column will be absent from the response.

If you need all of the specified fields from your request body to appear in the response body file regardless of whether the returned contacts contain a value for that field, I’d suggest adding a test contact into the account/list/segment that you are pulling data from, and adding a value to all of the fields that you want returned within the file.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

For further assistance with this, please feel free to contact us directly and securely via email at webservices@constantcontact.com with your full request body and the UN of the account you are working with.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.