cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting multiple Contact Lists to CSV

Re: Exporting multiple Contact Lists to CSV

That's a good question.  I can't talk too much to why customer usage patterns are the way they are, it's hard for me to explain why such a large and diverse customer base does everything they do.  What I can share is some of the usage patterns we see from our customers.  The majority of our exports are not Contact Lists at all, they are actually other types of exports.  This most often includes Unsubscribes, Bounces or Click reports for a specific email and other action based exports.  List specific exports are the smallest category of exports we see.  

Since this is the least used export flow, we generally get the least feedback on it and spend less time on improvements to it.  We do intend to do some improvements to list management and the list page this year and will certainly consider this when we get to those improvements.  I just can't promise any specific timing as it is not a short term priority for us to work on.  

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
All Star

It's the least used, because there is no way to get good information from it.

Hi @CharlesM89,

Other than the feedback already provided in this thread is there any other information you would consider good information that needs to be included? We are getting closer to releasing our v3 API and any feedback we can add would be helpful.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have created tags for all contacts on each list. My question is this: when I add new contacts to a list, will they automatically be tagged too? We update our 40+ lists every week and certainly don't want to go through this cumbersome task every time.

So, can you set up a list that tags every new entry the same? If not, is there a field that we can add to the cvs list that we upload where we can insert the "tag"?

Hello @GenevieveA1,

When importing a file your contacts are not automatically tagged as the other contacts on the list; this is a process that you would have to select on your own. The reason is because not every contact on the same list may fall under the same tag.

You can add a field to your file that will add the tag to a specific contact. Please reference this FAQ. 

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5957-adding-multiple-tags-in-a-file

Keep in mind the tags in your file need to be separated by a comma and then a space; also the tag needs to be spelled the same (along with the same capitalization) as the tag in your account. Based on the example in that FAQ the tag of Cats will work, but cats will not.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Established Member

Hi,

I would like to know whether the feature for export multiple contact lists to CSV file are available. Because needs to comply with GDPR, and EU region is only part of my whole mailing lists.. Currently, i cannot export selected mailing list.

Regards,

Jeslyn

Hi @JeslynC,

You can use this API endpoint to export contacts to a .csv file. You have the option to include multiple listIDs in the list array if you choose.

http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/bulk_activities_api/bulk-activities-export-contacts.html

Regards,
Jimmy D.