Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature differences between V2 and V3 API versions

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Feature differences between V2 and V3 API versions

Hi,

We want to migrate from V2 API to V3 API and below are the features we use currently in V2 API:

1. Get the campaign details

2. Get the email list details contact Adding contacts to email lists

3. Get the contacts 

4. Add contacts and add those to email lists

5. Remove contacts from email lists.

6. Send email and schedule emails

We would like to know if all these operations are supported in V3 using OAuth with the "Account Manager" role. I ask this because the scope of the OAuth seems to be confined to "contacts:write, contacts:list:write" but there is no mention about emails and campaigns.

Thanks.

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Feature differences between V2 and V3 API versions

Hello,

We are still in the process of building out email campaign endpoints for our V3 API, so right now only contacts features are available. Once we have fully released our V3 API's email campaign functionality, all of these steps should be possible. Your app will have the same permissions that the authorizing user has within the website UI, so the account manager will be able to perform all of these tasks.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Occasional Advisor

Hi @David_B,

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. 

Can you please let me know when can we expect all the functionalities in V3?

Thanks!

We're planning on rolling out features as they become available. I don't have a timeframe I can provide for when any specific endpoint or feature is released. We're working with our different internal stakeholders to make sure everything is working smoothly, so there are a lot of factors at play for when new endpoints are dropped.

If you want to be notified when a specific feature is released you can email us at webservices@constantcontact.com and we'll let you know when they become available.

Sincerely,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Occasional Advisor

Thank you so much for that info @David_B.

That answers my question. 

Thanks!