cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Business Information Custom responses from event registrant

Occasional Contributor

Get Business Information Custom responses from event registrant

I'm pulling event registrant information using the API like this:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/0224score/events/a07e5kxadjr5e3217de/registrants/001aLD...

The result is returned, but it does not include the data from the form defined as the first custom field in the Business Information section.

In other words, I would expect to see the following in the API response:

<BusinessInformation>
                <Label>Contact Information</Label>
                <Blog></Blog>
                <CustomField>
                  <Question>Have you requested counseling previously?</Question>
                  <Answers>
                    <Answer>No</Answer>
                  </Answers>
                </CustomField>
            </BusinessInformation>

matching the format for the custom fields in the CustomInformation1 section.

The reality is that I don't get what I would expect, I only get the fixed fields:

<BusinessInformation>
                <Label>Contact Information</Label>
                <Blog></Blog>                
            </BusinessInformation>

Is there a problem with the API? Why am I not able to retrieve the custom fields from business information, when I can successfully retrieve custom fields from the Custom Information 1 & 2 sections?

The answer unfortunately is not to move this field to an alternative section. It does not make business sense for the customer to do so, and also does not allow me to get at this information captured in existing events.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil

5 REPLIES 5
Advisor

Re: Get Business Information Custom responses from event registrant

By the way - I was accidentally logged in under the customer account when I added the question. This is my real profile.

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected

Hey Phil, having the API support team look into this now.  Should have an update for you soon.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Hey Phil,

Thanks for bringing this up. I've done some testing, and it looks like there's a defect in our API when pulling the registrant details. Custom questions from the Personal, Business, and Badge categories aren't being pulled by the correct call. The two custom categories are bringing in the custom questions correctly, so you may be able to use that as a workaround.

I've brought this information to the engineering team, so they're going to be looking into the cause, and what it would take to fix. As soon as it's resolved, we'll update some posts on the board. Let me know if you have any questions on this. Thanks!

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi Nick,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Unfortunately the customer can't use the custom information section (the question must appear near the top of the form and the first set of custom question are completely used up by mandatory questions).

I know that you can't answer this, but I'll ask anyway: any thoughts on when this might be resolved? Are we looking at March or later in the year?

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Ayres

Principle - Consected

Hey Phil,

I can't guarantee a timeframe on this, but if it's put on their todo list, we'll likely be looking at a post-March resolution. I'll be sure to keep you as up to date as I can on this.

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer