The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Get Contacts returns empty custom fields

Highlighted

Get Contacts returns empty custom fields

Hey,

I am testing out the REST API of Get Contacts From the Contact Methods. 
URL: https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs

For Testing this API, I had entered a few custom parameters of a contact as per our business requirements. After the contacts custom parameters were added, I tested the API, but the custom fields returned an empty set. 

"home_phone": "",

"work_phone": "",

"cell_phone": "",

"custom_fields": [],

Is there a solution to this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Get Contacts returns empty custom fields

Hello,

When using our API the custom field names need to be "custom field 1" through "custom field 15". If you used another name for your custom field it would not have been successful in saving the data for that field.

Check out this document (http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html?method=PUT) and scroll down to the custom field section. You can expand it to see the format that must be followed.

If you did follow this format and are still getting these results then please provide a snippet of the code you are using in your PUT command. If you need privacy for any of the data you are welcome to email us at webservices@constantcontact.com.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured