The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

GetContacts is returning null. Why?

Highlighted
Advisor

GetContacts is returning null. Why?

I'm using the C# support api's. Up until very recently specifying ResultSet<contact> rs = GetContact(<email address>, 1) returned a ResultSet<contact> in which I could retrieve a count of number of contacts retrieved (in this case either 1 or zero). If it retrieved 1 contact object, I could then gain access to it via rs.Results[0].

But very recently within the last couple of days invoking this api call returns null. What am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: GetContacts is returning null. Why?

Hello @Mike_Cravitz,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

If this error just started recently then the most likely cause is Mashery is now blocking none TLS 1.2 traffic. We made an announcement back in August regarding this. Please check out the forum post we made regarding this change.

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/Support-Ending-for-TLS-v1-0...

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Tags (1)
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured