cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 400 error when adding bulk contacts but not on IO passing same JSON string

SOLVED

Re: Getting 400 error when adding bulk contacts but not on IO passing same JSON string

Hello,

I can assure you that we do not change API Keys. If we ever find an issue with a key being used improperly, we would disable the key or the entire account. You can always see your API Keys and their status here: https://constantcontact.mashery.com/apps/mykeys

Do you still have the API Key that you were using previously?

Regards,
David Bornstein
Tier II API Support Engineer

Solution Provider

Re: Getting 400 error when adding bulk contacts but not on IO passing same JSON string

Hi David, 

Unfortunately  I do not have the keys I was using prior to the issue. However I will follow up with you if I receive the same error message again. 

Thank you once again for all your help. 

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Hi David, 

I have another question: 

If someone unsubscribes from my email campaigns, and I reupload the contact via API into a list for a particular list_id, does constant contact handle the unsubscribed email list automatically by removing the email_address from the list, or do I need to create logic that would send the unsubscribed contact id into the unsubscribed list? 

Let me know if my question does not make sense. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hello,

When a contact is unsubscribed, they must only be added back into your account as active if they take the action themselves. When you are bulk adding contacts, Constant Contact will automatically filter out any previously unsubscribed contacts from your import.

Regards,
David Bornstein
Tier II API Support Engineer