We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Getting 500 internal server exception when executing API calls

SOLVED
Go to solution
sasik67
Regular Participant

Getting 500 internal server exception when executing API calls

Hi everyone..

I am trying to integrate Constant Contact API in our application. Downloaded Java libraries provided in github. But I don't know whats the problem with libraries,  sometimes we are getting exceptions. There is no consistency with API. Once see this image http://snag.gy/XMN0f.jpg for more info.

Even the error isn't saying anything to find out the problem atleast.

Re-programmed the integration using API end points. Same problem arises.  Working well for sometimes but sometimes getting this error. No consistency.

Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/contacts?api_key=xxxxxxxx&access_token=xxxxxxxxxx&email=john@doma...

I just need confirmation that, 'does the API working fine or having some issues'. It looks like having some issues. Plz let us know something about this to proceed further so that we will decide to integrate or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DaveBerard

Sorry for the inconvenience and delayed response.  We had a system wide issue yesterday that was causing intermittent 500 errors.  Our operations team worked hard to resolve the issue and we have seen the sporadic 500 errors return to normal volumes.  You shouldn't see any problems using the Java SDK or the API directly going forward. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DaveBerard

Sorry for the inconvenience and delayed response.  We had a system wide issue yesterday that was causing intermittent 500 errors.  Our operations team worked hard to resolve the issue and we have seen the sporadic 500 errors return to normal volumes.  You shouldn't see any problems using the Java SDK or the API directly going forward. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

sasik67
Regular Participant

We are using API endpoints for making API calls. Now not getting any issues which I specified in my question.

Thanks for the reply.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page