The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Greeting name/string empty in Welcome Email

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Greeting name/string empty in Welcome Email

I have a Welcome Email triggered from an API call to add a contact with the optinSource set to ACTION_BY_CONTACT. I am not passing any name along, just an email address. When the Welcome Email is triggered the greeting is simply "Dear ,". I would assume that it would fall back to the Greeting String I set to be "Client". Greeting Name Format is set to "FirstName". Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Greeting name/string empty in Welcome Email

Hello,

Based on what you've described, you may need to check your welcome email settings to make sure that it's properly set up with an alternate phrase for when the first name is not available. Another tip would be to make sure that if you do not even send the first/last name on the API when you do not have a name when you're creating the contact. As a general rule if the welcome email is set up to use alternate text, then it should be automatically switching when a name isn't present.

If you'd like us to look a bit deeper into your specific case, it would help if you could email us at webservices@constantcontact.com with some details such as the contact email and account username.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if anything doesn't line up with what I've described!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: Greeting name/string empty in Welcome Email

The alternate phrase is setup to be 'Dear Client'. It is not being used I can assure you on that. I will send you screenshots of the email (without greeting) and XML that we are passing to the API, as well as the username and email to the email address you provided.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured