HTML code for a simple subscription form

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: HTML code for a simple subscription form

@Shannon_W wrote:

Hi everyone,

We now have a simple HTML form to give you! To get the HTML Code, simply login to your account, and go to 

-Contacts

--Sign-up Tools

---Action (dropdown)

----Embed Code

That HTML code should be all you need to take contacts from your webpage or application and add them directly into your account. If you're looking for more flexibility in the design of your form, you can also use the post URL method, which is similar, but requires a little bit more HTML/programming knowledge. More information on that can be found here.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

http://NatalieGouche.com
Social Media Marketing Trainer
213-394-5973
Occasional Participant

That's great news. Can you please point me toward the already-released form updates?

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Sorry for the misunderstanding here. The new signup tools are still in development, but one of the first things we do will be to update this thread when we have it. Most likely the new signup form will be found by logging into your account and going to Contacts>>Sign-up Tools. We're probably still a couple of months away from that point by my best estimate.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Highlighted
Visitor

Can you tell us when exactly this be released?  It is now April 2015.  I have been trying all morning to figure out how to get the simple HTML Code so that I can configure WebinarJam Studio to be able to send my registrant's first name, last name, email address, and phone number over to the contacts list in my ConstantContact account.  According to WebinarJam's tutorial video, it was supposed to be a really simple procedure to configure the settings.  Really simple.  But I have been all through my CC account looking for the code, then did a live Chat with CC support, who then could not answer my questions, and told me to go here to talk with a developer.  Here I find this discussion thread that was started years ago, and is still being posted to, because everyone seems to be pulling their hair out trying to find the code, only to be told it isn't available and is not supported "yet".  Getting this code just seemed so simple, I don't get why it has been such a problem?  I am inclined now to listen to all of my colleagues who hate Constant Contact for a variety of reasons, and switch over to Aweber or MailChimp (which are already supported by WebinarJam, so their users don't have to go hunting around for HTML code at all).  BUT if you are truely in the process of making the HTML Code available to us, please tell us when exactly.  Will it be in 2015?  Which month?

Highlighted

We are planning on releasing this feature in 2015.  We do not provide specific dates but I can share that we are planning on delivering it early in Q2. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.