HTML code for a simple subscription form

Frequent Participant

HTML code for a simple subscription form

I am getting soooooooo frustrated, I am hoping someone can help before I pull my last remaining hairs out.

I have been using the CCSFG (Constant Contact Form Generator) version 0.4 for the last few months and it was worked "ok".  Very clumsy and inconvenient, but it worked.

I am moving our site to a new host (forced move) and the CCSFG no longer works.  I tried updating it to 0.6, confirmed that PHP cURL is enabled, confirmed everything is set up correctly, outgoing connections on port 443 are enabled, but I can only get an authentication error.  Somehow the CCSFG software isn't able to authenticate with the CC server.    The new host uses suPHP (not sure if that has an impact on CCSFG or not?).

This is the nice, simple HTML form I was using with CCSFG:

<form id="ccsfg" name="ccsfg" method="post" action="/ccgen/signup/index.php">
<label for="FirstName"><b>First Name:</b></label><br>
<input type="text" id="FirstName" name="FirstName" style="background-color: #E89740; width: 150px;" /><br>
<label for="EmailAddress"><b>Email Address:</b></label><br>
<input class="orangeoptin" type="text" id="EmailAddress" name="EmailAddress" style="background-color: #E89740; width: 150px;" /><br>
<input type="hidden"  checked="checked"  value="My List Name" name="Lists[]" id="My List ID" />
<input type="hidden" name="SuccessURL" value="http://www.mysuccessurl.com" />
<input type="hidden" name="FailureURL" value="http://www.myfailureurl.com" />
<input type="submit" name="signup" id="signup" value="Submit" />
</form>

I need to know if is there any way I can use a similarly simple HTML form without the CCSFG software?  All I want is a simple optin box on our site!

"Join My List" box:  no, butt ugly, requires multiple steps for a visitor to sign up for a newsletter.

"Formstack" box:  no,  they are limited to 50 signups per month and offer no control over the design of the optin box.

"Custom API" box:  way too complicated and overkill for a simple signup form.  It would take me days to figure it out.

Can't we use a normal HTML form to add contacts like every other mailing list service?

44 REPLIES 44
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page