cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

HTML code for a simple subscription form

Re: HTML code for a simple subscription form

I am completely shocked that Constant Contact has done nothing about this issue. It is something that everyone else has figured out. What more could be said for a simple HTML code to be implemented by CC?

I certainly understand your frustration and have passed this feedback on to the correct Product Management team here.  As we always do, we will continue to monitor feedback in this area and prioritize based on both customer demand and other priorities.  Again, I apologize that this creates a problem for you but unfortunately at this time the only workaround is to build your own server side form submission script using our API as a workaround. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Visitor

I think I've hit the same issue as these people. Trying to integrate HTML form code into the OptimizePress wordpress theme. Without an adequate solution, I will have to swap to Aweber.

Regards,

Andy.

Thanks Andy, passed your feedback on to the appropriate product management team here.  Sorry to hear you're looking to leave but certainly understand the reason. 

Dave Berard
Occasional Participant

I just signed up for 6 months prepaid of ConstantContact (inherited this account, just started using it a couple of days ago) and have been tearing my hair out trying to get the raw html for a form in order to add a lightbox to my site, thinking, foolishly, that one of the "leading providers" of newsletter services could produce something as viciously simple as form HTML.  How does CC not consider it an embarassment that this simplistic (and vital) feature is not available?  Does the "improved contacts" experience (which, you guessed it, I haven't yet been graced with) rectify this flagrant omission?  How long until someone actually improves my contacts experience (which has thus far reeked of awful)?

You seriously need to get this fixed.  I can't fathom what bureaucratic albatross must be hanging around your necks to not have had someone sit down and knock out what ought to be a very simple and much needed solution to a glaring issue.  If this service isn't going to have a fix for this in, literally, the next handful of days, I'm getting my money back and taking my business somewhere where service providers actually care about offering consumers features.  I need a lightbox, which requires raw form HTML, and I'm not going to waste hours figuring out how to code the solution myself because of inadequacies in the services I'm paying for.

Thanks for the feedback, passing it along to our Contact Management team.  I understand your frustrations, will continue to advocate for this feature on our side.  We unfortunately do not offer this feature in our new CRM platform either.

Dave Berard
Participating Solution Provider

I just installed a free plugin called Sumo Me that runs through the CC API. Make some nice lightboxes and pop ups. Basic version is free.

Constant Contact partner and LinkedIn expert.

Author of Mr. Leads LinkedIn Bootcamp
Solution Provider

Really... REALLY?! How long has this thread been going on, with the number of complaints and solutions providers walking away because of the lack of solutions to provide... and you STILL have no basic HTML code?

What is wrong with you? That is my only question.

Stop making excuses and fix the problem.

Honored Contributor

Hello,

I can definitely understand your frustration with this limitation. Our Contacts platform team has taken a great deal of the feedback that we have received and begun planning for how we can implement this in the near future. While we do not expect this to be available in 2014, we do hope to have this feature for our users in the near future.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
TDS

Unbelievable inefficiency. You guys need to make a video asap and explain how in the world after more than a year you haven't been able to resolve this issue and "won't in 2014"...!!! Wow. Just Wow!!