cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML code for a simple subscription form

Re: HTML code for a simple subscription form

Add me to the list of folks who cannot use ConstantContact if you don't provide HTML forms.  I'm certain there are technical reasons, but I can't imagine why you still haven't addressed this.  Unacceptable.

Thanks for the continuing feedback on this topic.  I wanted to share some very early news on this front.  We have been doing work on our signup form product over the past year and ongoing.  Most recently, we released support for multiple signup forms with different list and field configurations.  The next set of functionality we're working on is embeddable (Javascript) forms which don't take subscribers off of the page the form is hosted on.  As per our policy, we do not have any projected release dates for this feature but our development teams have actively started working on it. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Solution Provider

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update; however, I'm not sure it's addressing everyones "Pain".

You mentioned that it's a Javascript form. We need HTML form code so we can use all the 3rd Party plugins (WordPress) that require HTML for them to function properly.

Will we be able to extract the HTML form code from the Javascript? If not, can a code generator be built to do this for us?

We want to use Pop-Up Email capture plugins. The Pop-up plugins that have the best features like slide-in pop-ups, where it's less obtrusive, require HTML code to work properly.

When people were asking for HTML form code, they were asking so they can use the code with more advanced Sign-ups. It wasn't necessarilary that we wanted embeddable signup forms. Although the embeddable signup forms was also needed, a long time ago. Some of the Pop-up plugins do the embedable signup forms as well as the Pop-ups and Slide-in forms.

I would image you know this already, but your major competitor has been providing HTML form code already for a long time. And they also have their own form of Pop-up email capture.

We appreciate the effort on providing new functionality. However, "New" functionality should go beyond current conventions, and be innovative at the same time, instead of chasing the same path others have already estabilished. Don't build another mouse trap, build a BETTER mouse trap, with more power.

Email Marketing is limited by it's ability to Collect Email Addresses.

Thanks for your Time and Consideration.

Greg

Excellent follow up question.  I should have clarified in my response that in order for us to support JavaScript based embedded forms, we are building out the infrastructure for postable form URLs.  This will allow you to leverage this in website platforms like Wordpress and form building tools like Wufoo, Gravity Forms and Formstack.  That work is in progress and I don't have too much information to share yet, but we are aggressively persuing this now and I hope to have more information to share late Feb. or early March.

Dave Berard
Solution Provider

Hi Dave,
Thanks again for the follow-up.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by what you said:
"This will allow you to leverage this in website platforms like Wordpress and form building tools like Wufoo, Gravity Forms and Formstack. "

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or I'm not understanding this correctly. It sounds like we will NOT have HTML form code available to use with 3rd party email capture plugins. Like Hybrid Connect, Correct?

It sounds like the solution you are providing will only work with form building company's that will charge my customers a monthly fee to create a form for one website. I did not fully research these companies, I just saw they had pricing tables. So I don't know if they provide HTML code for their forms.

If that is the case then, all of my customers will have to Pay MORE $ just to use a Sign-up form. Is this new solution only for embeddable forms? It does not seem to address getting HTML code to use with 3rd party plugins, like Hybrid Connect, that do Pop-ups and Slide-in type forms.

The companies you listed where this new technology will work are all Paid Form building tools.
Wufoo: $15/month with limited entries per month
Gravity: $39/website
Formstack: $39/month

With the Pop-up plugins, I can buy 1 Developer license (one-time only) and then use that Plugin on ALL of my customers websites.

My customers are just starting out in their businesses. They do not have the budget to pay a monthy fee just for an email sign-up form, especially if it does not provide a pop-up or slide-in functionality for email capture.

Let me know if I wrong about my assumption. I assume that we will still NOT have HTML code to use with 3rd Party plugins that require HTML Code.

Thanks for clarification.
Greg

What we're releasing will absolutely work with plugins like Hybrid Connect.  Hybrid Connect has an option for pasting in a JavaScript based Signup Form as one of the options, which is how our embeddable forms will work.  This will allow you to use any plugin like that which allows you to paste in code for the signup form directly to live in a lightbox, pop up widget, side rail or anywhere else supporting HTML and JavaScript.

We're really excited about this release because it also provides the additional flexibility of having direct form posting with query parameters.  This gives web developers and customers the ability to leverage all of those other signup tools, or even build their own custom forms, without having to use any complicated server side programming languagues. 

Our goal with this release is to radically improve the quality and features of our signup forms, which has certainly been a highly requested feature for some time as you can see by this and other threads.  We have a variety of audiences with different needs and we believe that this release will solve the major pain points of most of those audiences.  It should meet the needs you've expressed here fairly well.

Dave Berard
Solution Provider

Hi Dave,

I want to say thanks for your quick reply to my questions.

It sounds very exciting. As a Solution Provider and a Website builder this will go a long way in providing happy customers.

I will keep this short so you can return to getting these new features to our community as soon as possible.

Thanks again for addressing mine, and everyone eles's questions.

Greg

Occasional Participant

That's great news. Can you please point me toward the already-released form updates?

CTCT Employee

Sorry for the misunderstanding here. The new signup tools are still in development, but one of the first things we do will be to update this thread when we have it. Most likely the new signup form will be found by logging into your account and going to Contacts>>Sign-up Tools. We're probably still a couple of months away from that point by my best estimate.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Visitor

Can you tell us when exactly this be released?  It is now April 2015.  I have been trying all morning to figure out how to get the simple HTML Code so that I can configure WebinarJam Studio to be able to send my registrant's first name, last name, email address, and phone number over to the contacts list in my ConstantContact account.  According to WebinarJam's tutorial video, it was supposed to be a really simple procedure to configure the settings.  Really simple.  But I have been all through my CC account looking for the code, then did a live Chat with CC support, who then could not answer my questions, and told me to go here to talk with a developer.  Here I find this discussion thread that was started years ago, and is still being posted to, because everyone seems to be pulling their hair out trying to find the code, only to be told it isn't available and is not supported "yet".  Getting this code just seemed so simple, I don't get why it has been such a problem?  I am inclined now to listen to all of my colleagues who hate Constant Contact for a variety of reasons, and switch over to Aweber or MailChimp (which are already supported by WebinarJam, so their users don't have to go hunting around for HTML code at all).  BUT if you are truely in the process of making the HTML Code available to us, please tell us when exactly.  Will it be in 2015?  Which month?