The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Help- Will ccsfg create a second sign up list to be managed in CC

Highlighted

Help- Will ccsfg create a second sign up list to be managed in CC

I have uploaded the CCSFG and am in the setup process I was wondering if this form generator actually allows a separate list independent from the original form and list created in constant contact? Will they both work simultaneously?

On the setup process, I am here "It appears that this signup form has already been configured. As a result you will need to verify the access credentials to continue." Is this going to interfere with the original form or original list.

Thank you for answering this.

TAO
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

CCSFG Multiple Forms

The CCSFG is able to create multiple forms that will not interfere with eachother, with the exception of the success and failure URL's. The fields used to collection contact information, as well as which contact lists each form has available are strored in the generated HTML for the form, not the signup.php page. Because of this you can generate multiple forms that have different requirements for the signup process, without intefering with eachother.

The only exception to this, as mentioned above, is the success and failure URL's, which (if set) are stored on signup.php, and therefore would apply to all of the sign up forms generated by the CCSFG.

I hope this helps to clear things up. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

David J

Highlighted

profile page

Could you please also let me know how this impacts the user when they opt to "update your profile page " list as well the Thank you for joining our mailing list on signup generated email. Thank you

TAO
Highlighted
Employee

CCSFG Details

The "Update your profile" page is not linked to the forms that the CCSFG creates, thus it will have no impact on how that pages appears, and will not modify any settings you have made under Contacts > Join My Mailing List > Update Profile Email.

Regarding the "Thank you for joining our mailing list" generated email that is sent to new subscribers, this will still be delivered to them. The CCSFG creates forms that add the contact using the ACTION_BY_CUSTOMER OptInSource, therefore they will all still recieve the welcome email the same as contacts who joined your mailing list through the 'Join My Mailing List' that can be generated from inside your Constant Contact account.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured