The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Help with duplicate signups (contacts)

Highlighted
Advisor

Help with duplicate signups (contacts)

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with CTCT - they suggested I reach out to the people here for help.  I have a CTCT account.  Potental contacts can either signup directly from our CTCT account signup or from a php page we created.  My issue is that every now and then when someone signs up - the signup gets duplicated.   How can I stop this from happening?

Ex:

New Subscribers

Signup Date

Contact Email Address 

First Name 

Last Name 

2014-03-27T21:53:54Z

{REDACTED}

{REDACTED}

{REDACTED}

2014-03-27T21:53:49Z

{REDACTED}

{REDACTED}

{REDACTED}

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Help with duplicate signups (contacts)

Without knowing what your PHP script is doing, but guessing from the time stamps you shared, this could be caused by a known issue that we are not currently planning on fixing.  We are aware that if the same contact is attempted to be created at nearly the same time, it can cause a duplicate contact to be created.  This race condition is not normally seen by customers in production environments but it could be what you're seeing here. 

We can look into this further but would need you to share your PHP code with us. 

Redacted the email addresses for personal security purposes.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured