cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get the list of fields in Contact type

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

How can i get the list of fields in Contact type

I'm a developer trying to use Constant Contact Developers API. I would like to whether is there any way to list out the fields in Contact Object like what are the fields contact object is having. So that while creating or updating the contact i can have the field names to create object to send. Some one please responsd ASAP. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can i get the list of fields in Contact type

Have you looked at the documentation for the Contact endpoint - it provides a complete list of supported properties and their values, with sample payloads and more:

http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html

Rich Marcucella
Sr. Technical Writer, Content Developer
Web Services Team
http://developer.constantcontact.com
Occasional Participant

Hi Richard,
 Thanks for the response. Yes i have gone through all those docs. My question is that 'Is there any service to fetch the field names for a module let say Contacts to list out in my UI' (Which includes all those fields and some specification for required fields . ). Because i can't hard code in my UI like these are the field name supported to push contact or something right. If you are having any problem in understanding my question please revert back ASAP i can explain you  clearly . Thank you.

Hi Vali, 

As I understand your request, you need to popluate your UI with the field names for a data object dynamically, and would like to be able to access a service that provides the property names for each object. I'm sorry to say that we do not offer a service that will do this in our API. You would have to build that as part of your integration. Have you used other platforms that do offer this service? I'd be interested to see this.

Thanks, and Best Regards,

Rich Marcucella
Sr. Technical Writer, Content Developer
Web Services Team
http://developer.constantcontact.com
Occasional Participant

Hi Richard,
  Ya whatever you are saying is possible to have the field in my backend and create a service to list in UI. But what happens if any changes happens in your Object structure in future?, that time again i have to hardcode those changes into my backend? All the CRM's outside were providing this kind of services in their API's . Like Salesforce, ZOHO,Distributed Source etc.. Please let me know if any way to work on my problem. Because it's not like single object so that i can have it in my side right, you people are having so many components so it's hard to maintain those structures in my code. Please let me know if you needed any other information . Thanks for the quick response. Have a good day.