cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

How do I get the Campaign GUID from the API

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How do I get the Campaign GUID from the API

I am using the API to retrieve campaigns and campaign activites.  I am needing to build the URL to the campaign detail page, however, all I have found in the API results is the numeric id.  I am needing the guid id to build that url.  How do I retrieve this guid for the campaign from the API?

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: How do I get the Campaign GUID from the API

Hello,

At this time that information is not available through the API. In the future we are looking to use the same IDs across all external facing representations of an object (such as a campaign), but I do not yet have a timeline for when that will be available in the APIs. It is also worth mentioning that our UI is not currently set up to support for deep-linking from external applications and any attempts to do so will likely see inconsistent results.

If you're able to provide a simple description of your use-case for linking directly to the campaign detail page, we may be able to provide some advice on an alternative way to accomplish your goals. If you have any questions or if we can provide any more information, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Visitor

Hi Elijah, the use-case is a contact activity feed within our integrating app that shows the campaign activities which would be clickable and deep-link directly to that campaign within Constant Contact.  I'm not sure of another way to accomplish this without having that GUID to build the url.  Hopefully the transition to a common id will happen in the near future.

Thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

Hello,

It definitely does sound like there is not much of an alternative currently available. I will be sure to pass this on to our product team so that it can help us to keep our priorities aligned to what our customers and developers need. If you're interested, the best ways to keep track of updates around our APIs is to follow our Tech Blog or join our developer newsletter, which can also be found at the tech blog.

If you have any questions as you continue work on your integration, please feel free to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer