cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get the list of Custom Fields?

How to Get the list of Custom Fields?

Hi All, 

I'm working in a integration with CC, and I want to know if there is a way to get the list of the Custom Fields that I've configured, I asking this because I didn't find useful information in the API docs. 

I just saw that they are included as part of a contact, but I don't wat to retrieve contacts to get those fields. 

Regards,

Vinicio

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How to Get the list of Custom Fields?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The use of custom fields can be a bit tricky depending on if they were created with the API or created in the website UI. Our API was created when the custom field names could only be named Custom Field 1 through 15. There is no endpoint to retrieve the list of custom fields as there is such a small amount of possibilities it was not needed at the time.

If you created custom fields in the website UI you are not limited for the names of the fields; however those field names will not work with our current API. We are developing v3 of our API which will allow the use of different names for the custom fields and we will make sure that is announced when it is fully released. Until then GETting a contact and reading the custom fields is the only way to see that data.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer