The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

How to Resubscribe Contact into a Contact List

Highlighted

How to Resubscribe Contact into a Contact List

Hi All,

I have removed two Email Id's in the constant contact list. Then I tried to create those two E-mail id's again via API. But it is displaying the message " Email address Test@yahoo.in is already a contact ". I am following sample dotnet(C#) code which is given in the samples.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Subramanian.A.M

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Constant Contact does not

Constant Contact does not permanently delete any of the contacts you add.  They will always exist as either an Active contact on lists, Removed (they have no interest lists) or DoNotMail (they requested to no longer receive any more mailings).  To add a contact back to Active status on lists, you will need to do a PUT (Update) on the resource for that contact.  In the .NET utility class, there is a way to update an email address.  This is the method you would want to use.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured