How to create Email Automation Campaign Using API (PHP-SDK)

webmasterijs
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I am using Constant Contact API with the Laravel. I am able to create campaigns, contact lists and contacts. Now, I want to create a automated campaigns when anyone is registered or subscribed a program. Then he will get the email. Basically I want that whenever a new user added to my custom contact list he will get the email.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
David_B.
Employee
0 Votes

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support.

At this time you can only create an automated autoresponder email series within your Constant Contact account through the website UI. However, once this campaign is created, it would be sent to any contacts added to the list associated with it. This would work for any contacts added to that list, whether you add them manually in the UI, or use the API to add them.

Our main support team is available to assist with any questions you have about setting up or using automated email campaigns. For details on how to create and schedule an autoresponder campaign, click here.

Please have a look and let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

DaniellePachavega
Rookie
0 Votes

Hey David, could I get some clarification on  the "whether you add them manually in the UI, or use the API to add them" portion of your reply? From this documentation page: https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/contacts_autoresponder.html it implies that the API can't be used to trigger automated welcome emails. Is this not the case or is there a workaround that will allow that to happen? Thanks in advance!

Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello ,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support, and for your patience. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

With a standard List Join automation series, any method of adding a contact to a list will trigger the series to deploy (as mentioned above), but it does work differently in the case of Welcome Emails. While they do fall under the automation family, there are additional requirements.

In order to receive a Welcome email, the address must be new to the account (never added previously) and join with the source of “Contact” rather than “Account”. Contacts added manually via the UI would not be eligible for a Welcome Email.

The document you referenced notes that “contacts added using either of the two contact_import bulk activity endpoints have create_source=Account, and are not sent Welcome Emails”, but you can use the Add a Single Contact endpoint instead, which allows you to set the source as “Contact”, which in turn would make them eligible to receive a welcome email.

Add a Single Contact
https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/contacts_create.html#add-a-single-contact

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.