How to get a complete list of user-defined fields

SOLVED
Go to solution
Regular Participant

How to get a complete list of user-defined fields

Is there an API call that enables retrieving a complete list of all custom fields that have been defined in an account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marketplace listings are generally reserved for partners that are integrated with our API, but you can absolutely reach out to the team that manages the Marketplace with questions at marketplace@constantcontact.com. If the application was to be accepted into the marketplace, we would likely request a simple review/walk-through to see how the product works and what the process to get the contacts from outlook to Constant Contact would be.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to reply!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello,

This is a highly requested feature and unfortunately it currently is not available in through our APIs, and I expect that it will not be available until the next major version of our API is released. While we do not have any dates available for the next version of the API, I can say that it will be at least the 2nd half of 2016 before any functionality would be available to the public.

The current version of the API is limited to only interacting with Custom Fields that follow a fixed naming scheme that is laid out in the Custom Fields subsection of the Structure section on this page: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Regular Participant

One other follow-up question 

Would you know if CC has any plans for upgrading QuickImport to support OL'2013/'2016 once the new API is released next year particularly in terms of custom fields on both sides of the equation?

Hello,

I do know that we would like to release a new version of QuickImport once we have the next version of the API released. However, the plans to do that aren't set in stone yet as we want to stay focused on getting the API completed first. In terms of custom fields, I think it is likely that support for using all of the custom fields in your account will be included.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Regular Participant

Thanks again. Given the current API limitation regarding CC custom fields, last follow-up :-)

Is integrating directly with CC via the API a requirement in having a product listed in CC MarketPlace? Does it need to be submitted to CC for review - if yes, what would the process be? Reason for the question is that expect to shortly have something available that will address a range of functions that should make it a lot easier to import data from Outlook including support Outlook user-defined fields (both with or without the use of Outlook custom forms etc). Would still ultimately require a manual imporrt process <from file> at this juncture but otherwise deals with current Outlook versions (OL '2013/'2016) as well as also simplifying the process of dealing with Distributions lists etc etc).

Karl Timmermans [Microsoft Outlook MVP] – The Claxton Group

"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2016"

http://www.contactgenie.com

http://www.contactgenie.info

Marketplace listings are generally reserved for partners that are integrated with our API, but you can absolutely reach out to the team that manages the Marketplace with questions at marketplace@constantcontact.com. If the application was to be accepted into the marketplace, we would likely request a simple review/walk-through to see how the product works and what the process to get the contacts from outlook to Constant Contact would be.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to reply!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Regular Participant

Your quick replies and that email addy are very much appreciated - thank you very much. End of follow-up questions :-)

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page