How to make REST API call to create contact by just using API key from the server?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to make REST API call to create contact by just using API key from the server?

I have an app where I want to create each user who signs up on the platform as a contact on the ConstantContact. I am looking to create contact from the backend NodeJS, without OAuth flow. But I haven't found any document for the REST API to create a contact with just API key and Secret key. Please advise or point to the document that helps me address the problem.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to make REST API call to create contact by just using API key from the server?

Hi @JohnD2205,

Currently you must go through the oAuth flow. We are looking in to other options; however at this time those other options have not been released.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to make REST API call to create contact by just using API key from the server?

Do you mean each user on the app platform needs to have an account on constantcontact for them to grant access to the platform for oAuth flow?  

Highlighted

Hi @JohnD2205,

You haven't provided a great description of your app platform, but I'm guessing that those users will end up becoming contacts in the Constant Contact account, so no those people do not need a CTCT account and do not need to grant access.

Only the owner of the Constant Contact that will be adding the contacts needs to grant access.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured