Between 8:00 - 9:00 am ET on 10/25 we need to take our site down to make updates. We recommend logging out before 8:00am ET and not using your account during this time. Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

How to select default-list - 'old style' sign-up form

SOLVED
Go to solution
Occasional Participant

How to select default-list - 'old style' sign-up form

Hi there

We have been using the older sign-up form as below:

<form name="ccoptin" action="https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp" target="_blank" method="post">
              <input name="llr" value="*******" type="hidden" />
              <input name="sit" value="*******" type="hidden" />
              <input name="m" value="="*******" " type="hidden" />
              <input name="p" value="oi" type="hidden" />
              <input name="f" value="="*******" " type="hidden" />
              <input class="mailbox" name="ea" type="text" value="" placeholder="email@example.com" name="EMAIL" id="mail" class="input-group-field" onfocus="javascript&colon;clearfield(this);">
              <div class="button-wrapper">
                <button type="submit" id="subscribe" class="btn">GO</button>
              </div>
            </form>

In the above - customer enters their email on our site - clicks submit - redirects to ConstantContact's sign-up page where they enter their name and select the list.

We have 2 lists ... the second list is, however, always pre-selected on the above ConstantContact sign-up page ... how do we change this to have another of the lists pre-selected ? I am assuming one of the llr / sit / p options is passing this info on ?

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

At first I was thinking this may have been related to an old function that no longer exists, but after some testing I found what's happening. The only time a list is pre-checked is when the email address that is entered in the form is already a member of one or more of the lists that you display. If you were to input an email address that has never been a member of any of your lists, you will notice that none of them are pre-checked.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

In order to resolve this, you will need to customize your Sign-Up form in our UI and change which lists it is assigned to in our UI. You also have the option to use our new embeddable sign-up forms as well, which no longer require a redirect to a Constant Contact page.

You can read aobut customizing your form here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5298-edit-web-sign-up-forms

You can read about new embeddable forms here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18265-Create-a-Sign-Up-Form-with-th...

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

Thanks

But the support page doesn't explain how you select which list is 'ticked' by default

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5298-edit-web-sign-up-forms

For example, the Customer has the option of selecting from the 2 lists presented on the Constant Contact sign-up page ... however - the second list is always auto-checked when the customer arrives on the page. How do you change which list is pre-selected ?

Hello,

At first I was thinking this may have been related to an old function that no longer exists, but after some testing I found what's happening. The only time a list is pre-checked is when the email address that is entered in the form is already a member of one or more of the lists that you display. If you were to input an email address that has never been a member of any of your lists, you will notice that none of them are pre-checked.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Occasional Participant

Thanks for the reply ... that would explain it !

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page